The UCI Center for Creating Opportunities through Education (CCOE) hosts an annual symposium, Building Partnerships to Improve Education. The CCOE conducts innovative research to transform the learning experiences of children with a focus on programs and interventions that improve students’ academic success. This event is designed to support UCI’s School of Education and Center for Educational Partnerships (CFEP) larger efforts to build the capacity of school and district leaders, researchers, and community partners to work collaboratively to improve educational outcomes for students in Orange County. The symposium provides the opportunity to:
- Build research-practice partnerships in order to answer crucial questions pertinent to school districts and community organizations.
- Learn about research studies being conducted at the Center that can inform critical issues around improving students’ outcomes and success in school and life.
- Identify opportunities to advance learning and educational outcomes for K-12 students.
- Connect with leading education researchers to learn about future potential partnerships.
- Help shape the future research priorities at UCI’s Center.
To view a recap of our 2nd annual edition of the symposium, held in May 2019, please click here.