Facilities Services: Safety
Emergency Procedures |
Building Keys |
Heating/Air Conditioning |
Room Setups |
Safety | Classroom Floor Plans
REPORTING UNSAFE CONDITIONS
unsafe conditions is a very important aspect of maintaining health and
safety in any institution. For the sake of completeness, the following
three categories would provide you ample choices to make the call as
you see fit in a particular situation in the School of Education
Please alert Luther Tolbert, Safety Officer and Facilities Manager (x48063, firstname.lastname@example.org) in addition to the call you chose to make from the following list, especially in emergency situations.
EMERGENCY SITUATION - INCLUDING MEDICAL EMERGENCY
- Dial 911 from UCI campus phone, which goes directly to the dispatcher of UCI Police Department.
you must use a cellular phone to dial 911 from UCI campus, be aware
that the call will not go directly to the UCI Police. Using cellular
phone to dial 911 will connect you to the California Highway Patrol
(CHP) who will reroute or transfer your call to the fire department or
Irvine Police depending upon your situation. Eventually UCI Police gets
notified but it takes a bit longer. Another alternative for the
cellular users to get directly to UCI Police dispatcher is to call
949-824-5223 if you can remember this number!
- Information regarding obtaining medical care for work related injuries are listed at this link: http://www.hr.uci.edu/workerscomp/hrtrea.pdf
BERKELEY PLACE NORTH BUILDING MAINTENANCE ISSUES
- 8 AM - 5 PM (business hours) - call x48063 or x45118 (Front office) to report BPN maintenance items, emergency or non-emergency.
- 5 PM - 8 AM (off-hours) - call x45444 (UCI Facility Management Control Room) to report any BPN building maintenance problems.
ANY OTHER UNSAFE CONDITION (use one of the options below)
- Call x48063 or email email@example.com, Safety Coordinator for the School of Education to report any unsafe condition.
- Call UCI EH&S at x45073 (general information and service) to report any unsafe condition.