MAT Core Commitments
The MAT + Credential Program is thoughtfully designed to address five core commitments:
1. Equity — We prepare candidates to understand the challenges faced by under-served populations and help them develop agency to advocate for equity in teaching and learning.
2. Understanding Learners & Learning — Our candidates learn to design and implement rigorous and responsive curriculum that draws on students’ competencies, knowledge and experiences.
3. Teaching & Learning in the Content Areas — We prepare candidates to develop their content knowledge for teaching and pedagogical practices in carefully mentored field based experiences in the disciplines.
4. Learning from Teaching — We engage candidates in cycles of observation, enactment and inquiry of teaching and learning so they can continue to learn and improve their practice.
5. Leadership — We prepare our candidate to take on leadership roles for improving instruction by modeling best practices for professional growth.
Learn More about the MAT Program